Principal Electrical Engineer
provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
This is a great opportunity to be part of the L3 Engineering team. The Electrical Engineers at L3Harris do real engineering work for products that make a real difference. Display Systems is one of the few remaining places where engineers are involved in the full lifecycle from product design and qualification to manufacturing and integration. The Electrical Engineering team of approximately 20 people at Military Displays is charged with developing circuit cards and FPGA designs for aircraft electronic systems. The circuit cards and FPGAs are custom designed to meet performance specifications and internal guidelines.
Members of our design staff are technical leaders across multi-disciplined teams, possessing a high level understanding of aerospace electrical engineering technology and electronics architectures for aircraft sub-systems and instruments.
- Block diagram development and implementation into electrical designs
- Circuit card component selection and trade studies
- Schematic entry of circuit designs
- Circuit analysis (derating, power, signal integrity, crosstalk, timing)
- FPGA development & simulation
- Documentation of design requirements & implementation
- Conduct and participate in internal design reviews
- System-level integration of circuit cards with embedded software or firmware
- Support for qualification testing issues
- Support for manufacturing issues on legacy and new production systems
- Other duties related to the product lifecycle may be assigned in addition to the above mentioned.