Senior Electrical Engineer
Job ID 109388 Date posted 07/12/2019Apply
Apply SAVE FOR LATER
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers� mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are searching for Sr. Electrical Engineer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports and/or leads various design activities for new/existing products, predominantly involving medium frequencies/edge rates. Design for manufacturing is considered through all phases of the development process.
- Supports and/or leads design modifications for existing products frequently driven by component obsolescence situations. The design modification is usually of moderate complexity and may require major card level redesign to absorb the necessary hardware changes.
- Applies moderately complex electrical engineering principles and techniques to support/lead design, development, documentation, verification, and manufacturing debug activities. Possesses product domain knowledge of programs that he/she is currently working.
- Analyzes environment/component tolerances to identify corner cases and ensure sufficient design margin for all applicable conditions.
- Directly interfaces with members of the product development team to produce high quality/dependable products. Members impacted by electrical design include Mechanical Engineering, Test Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Systems Engineering, Safety Engineering, Software Engineering, Verification Engineering, other engineering, PCB Design, and Management teams.
- Directly interfaces with Component Engineering, Purchasing, and Finance teams to formulate effective obsolescence/cost/lead time mitigation solutions.
- Assists/supports Production and Service Station teams with troubleshooting methods of pre-delivery and field return products. Leads the generation of root cause corrective actions when failure analysis requires electrical engineering support.
- Understands/utilizes internal L3 processes and tools for electrical design/documentation. Shares process/tool knowledge with others.
- Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established L3 Ethics Standards.
- Responsible for working in a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment (example: safety glasses).
- Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
- Works under general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects that have significant effect on the success of a sub-process/small project task.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts