Senior Program Manager
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We seek a program management practitioner for the role of Program Manager. This role will be responsible for the planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and close out of assigned proposal, development and production programs. The role will support military aerospace business segments with customers spanning domestic and international locations. This position will be responsible for the achievement of customer and internal business case objectives by working across all enterprise functions to formulate both strategic vision and tactical direction for the assigned projects. Direction and leadership will be achieved through management of several Integrated Proposal and Product Teams (IPT).
The general roles and responsibilities for the Program Manager will minimally include:
- Manage the overall customer and business case performance of the program portfolio with responsibility and accountability for success to time, cost and quality constraints. The program portfolio contains a variety of strategic imperatives spanning the complete program life cycle, from business case and proposal development through product sustainment and customer support.
- Lead the IPTs through business case formulation in the pursuit phases of programs for development and production opportunities. Work with IPT to participate in strategy formation and transform objectives into cross functional execution plans.
- Lead the IPTs to create enterprise wide program plans and management operating systems from which cross functional execution plans are developed. Responsible for ensuring all development programs are adequately planned at a business and functional level to deliver on business case and customer contract objectives. Knowledge of core planning elements such as requirements planning, deliverables definition, milestone definition, risk management, resource management & critical path scheduling are key.
- Lead the IPTs through the monitoring and control phase of program execution using robust management operating systems and integrated cross functional teaming approaches. Responsible for ensuring scope, schedule and cost baseline change controls. Knowledge of Earned Value techniques and reporting are key. Develop, maintain and manage internal performance scorecards for development and production programs.
- Lead IPT through the program's life cycle from development, production and sustainment. Utilize a gated control and approval process for the product life-cycle. Responsible for customer scorecard performance and the associated internal performance measures. Work across the functions to identify and plan activities required to continuously improve upon performance variances from business case objectives. Manages through the IPT all �go to green� efforts on scorecard variances.
- Provides leadership in the creation and maintenance of robust Customer and Subcontractor relationships. Partners with Business Development, Sales and Marketing functions to nurture productive relations, collect the appropriate market and customer intelligence and formulate strategies in pursuit, sales and marketing campaigns. Leads and facilitates customer interfacing on development and production/sustainment programs.
- Lead by example in creating a process improvement culture within the Program Management team. The candidate will be responsible for working with the Program Management Office (PMO) on implementation of process, tools, training, best practices and lessons learned to continuously improve and grow the capability of PMs. Ensures consistency in application and compliance to PMO procedures and methods.
- BS/BA level degree in engineering, supply chain/operations or business level equivalent. Preference for MBA level candidates.
- PMP certification or equivalent Program Management experience
- 5+ years in the military aerospace industry
- 3+ years of experience in progressive Project and Program Management roles.
- Demonstrated leadership capability and the ability to affect organizational change in challenging environments. Must be adept at achieving results through multiple organizational functions without direct authority and through influence and negotiation.
- A demonstrated capability to think strategically and execute tactically. The successful candidate must be an integrative thinker with a strong foundation in data driven problem solving.
- A demonstrated depth and breadth in business acumen across the major functional disciplines including Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Marketing and Sales.
- Program management practitioner experienced in leading through expert planning, baseline control, metrics and analytics. Demonstrated ability to create management operating systems.
- Demonstrated listening and influencing skills. Must be able to portray compelling reasons for change as Program/Project priorities dictate.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal, at all levels of the organization. Must be skilled in building customer and subcontractor relationships while balancing strategic objectives. Formal and informal negotiation experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management tools.
- Up to 25% travel required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.