L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers� mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are currently seeking a Subcontracts Specialist positon for our Ayer, MA location.
In this position, you will be responsible for subcontracts management activities on one or more highly complex government programs or program segments. Primarily interfacing between company and subcontractors. The Subcontracts Specialist will maintain a business relationship with his/her counter-part and program management team, review subcontractor proposals and flow down of applicable FAR/DFARS, program specific special provisions and other terms and conditions to ensure that company complies with its contractual requirements and obligations.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Establish major subcontract objectives and policies for the company, ensuring compliance with government requirements and other applicable regulations.
- Risk/impact of failure to achieve results would normally cause failure to achieve goals critical to organizational objectives and company�s prime contract/subcontract requirements, duties, and obligations.
- Manage subcontracts with key partners, suppliers, and inter-divisional relationships.
- Participate as a key team member during the proposal development process by providing guidance relevant to subcontract requirements.
- Oversee development of subcontractor RFPs in compliance with applicable government regulations, agency supplements, customer solicitation requirements and L3Harris standard terms and conditions.
- Conduct negotiations; ensure compliance with all laws, regulations, and company and Corporate policies.
- Primary interface between company and key subcontractors; day-to-day interface with subcontractor counter-part.
- Lead proposal analysis and subcontract definitization as a key member of the Integrated Project Team (IPT).
- Assist engineering, program management, proposal management, pricing and other functions in the preparation and maintenance of Statements of Work, specification and data requirements and interpretation of government flow downs.
- Monitor technical, cost and schedule performance by the subcontractor and perform surveillance audits to assure early problem identification. Work with IPT, functional organizations and executive management, as necessary, to identify and resolve issues.
- Provide early identification of problems and identify and implement corresponding corrective action plans to mitigate risks.
- Support the construct of Team Agreements, Proprietary Information Agreements, and other documents.
- Participate in the review and approval of Subcontract Data Requirements List (SDRL) deliverables.
- Conduct internal subcontract management status reviews with Program Management and executive management, as required.
- Coordinate and manage all changes to the subcontractor�s contractual baseline.
- Participate in the review and approval of subcontractor invoices.
- Ensure all company obligations to the subcontractor are fulfilled.
- Conduct price analysis in conjunction with company Finance and cognizant IPT.
- Perform other duties as assigned, which may include, but not be limited to, Contracts management under a prime contract and/or as a subcontractor under a government prime contract.