Inventory Management Support
Job Title – Inventory Management Support
Job Location – UK - Hampshire - Basingstoke
Job Code – CS20192205-31395
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
- Process, store, account for, and move all materials, or finished product, entering or leaving the facility in support of production
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of receipts of materials and equipment entering the facility
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of shipments of materials and equipment leaving the facility
- Responsible for ensuring quantities and storage locations are accurate
- Responsible for conducting cycle counts to ensure on hand accuracy
- Issues and transfers materials used in different locations throughout the facility and manufacturing process
- Responsible for topping up levels on production floor to ensure uninterrupted flow of materials to operators
- Ensures good stock practices are observed (first in first out)
- Responsible for monitoring and highlighting potential shortages to Associate Manager, Material Management
- Helps to resolve discrepancies between purchase orders and received goods
- Investigates and resolves discrepancies between actual on hand quantities and manufacturing system data collection systems
- Responsible for preparing export documentation
- Responsible for all shipment processing to include allocation of goods, picking, packing and shipping on system
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining storage areas
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Ability to obtain a clearance
Preferred Additional Skills
- Experience using computer systems, Excel, Word and data collection systems
- Experience using forklifts, pallet trucks, and hand tools
- Forklift Licence ideal
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment. Some outdoor work required when loading and unloading goods.
In the event your CV/resume is selected for consideration, it may be provided electronically to individuals in multiple countries responsible for making hiring recommendations. In the event you are hired, your CV/resume will ultimately become a part of your employee personnel file where it may be reviewed by various Harris employees for business-related purposes. If you are not hired based upon the initial consideration of your resume, the CV/resume will be kept active in our system for up to 12 months. After 12 months it will be deleted from our system with no copy being retained by the company.
Regardless of the country in which you reside, if you are considered for a US-based position, your CV/resume will be stored according to US data retention policy pursuant to our requirements to maintain applicant information as a federal contractor.
By submitting your resume to our database you consent to have your name, address, country of residence or where you will work and other pertinent information processed through a third party screening database to confirm your eligibility to be hired by Harris or a Harris Group Company.
By submitting your CV/resume, you consent to this use/access by various company personnel.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.