L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Manager, Accounting
Job Code: SAS20192810-34356
Job Location: Broomfield, CO
L3Harris Space Superiority and Geospatial sector has an opening for an Accounting Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Broomfield, CO. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
- Consolidates financial records of Company and all subsidiaries and submits accurate data on a timely basis.
- Assists Controller in monthly financial close process including Actuals, Budgets and Forecasts
- Guide transactional processing to include AP, AR and sales order processing
- Routinely collaborate with various internal departments and provide information and assistance as required.
- Regularly display knowledge of the distinction between software and hardware revenue recognition and proper accounting treatment.
- Interact with department managers regarding budget activity, variances and actual results
- Assists Controller with monthly analytics, quarterly and annual SEC forms
- Review/analyzes foreign Subsidiary monthly analytics
- Assists Controller in preparing Federal, State and Foreign Tax Packages
- Prepares Sarbane’s Oxley (SoX) self-assessments
- Reviews/Updates Segregation of Duties templates
- Reviews monthly, quarterly and annual state sales tax returns
- Reviews all Balance Sheet reconciliations for US entity
- Prepares post-close financial reports and metrics
- Various analysis and ad-hoc reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience, or a Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years accounting/financial analysis with 3+ years at the senior level
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong knowledge of Sarbane’s Oxley requirements
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Intermediate Word and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to think strategically and identify and execute appropriate action plans
- Strong communication, planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with people of all levels within the organization
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, MAS500, PeopleSoft or Hyperion is a plus
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.