Clifton - Systems Engineer Specialist
Clifton, New Jersey
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
Title: Systems Engineer - Specialist - Clifton, NJ
Job ID: ES20190805-31246
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation activities in support of programs and development efforts.
- Ensure the logical and systemic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements, and allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Perform Cost, Risk, and Supportability and Effectiveness analyses for total systems (concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance & disposal)
- Work in a highly dynamic hardware & software development and integration lab
- Support/lead technical proposals, including decomposition of customer requirements into a system architecture/design, technical writing, technical risk management, cost estimating, etc.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or other related field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in the following:
- RF Source and measurement instruments (i.e. Spectrum analyzer, Vector Analyzer, Signal Generators, etc.) Probability, statistics, random processes, communications theory, estimation theory, digital signal processing
- Technical principles, theories and concepts of basic RF transmitter, receiver, and antenna design principles
- 4+ years working experience of technical principles, theories and concepts of RF transmitter, receiver, and antenna design principles
- 4+ years working experience of Software components including firmware, operating systems, drivers, applications and other computing system software
- 4+ years working experience of hardware components including electrical equipment, digital processing hardware (ASIC, CPLD, FPGA), circuit boards, microprocessor systems, computer system architectures and interfaces
- MS in Electrical Engineering, or other related field
- Knowledge of embedded processors and digital hardware
- Understanding of applicable programming and scripting languages for analysis and test (such as MATLAB, Excel/VBA, and programming languages such as C/C++, Perl, Python)
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering requirements of DoD Directive 5000.01 Defense Acquisition System
- Working knowledge of SysML and/or Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) principles for System Level design of EW components.
- Ability to lead a complex effort, collaborate with HW/SW design functions in the design and development of a system
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit