Clifton - Systems Engineer Specialist
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Specialist, Systems Engineer
Job Code: SAS20190212-35051
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
During its 120-year history, L3Harris has transformed communications and information technology. L3Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
L3Harris Corporation Space and Intelligence Systems has an opening for a Specialist, Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Clifton, New Jersey. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
- Provides extensive systems engineering expertise in a broad field of engineering, research, evaluation and development for highly complex and technical space-based and airborne aerospace products
- Uses the application of systems engineering standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
- Specifies, architects, analyzes, models, establishes flow downs and verifies designs, tests and verifies complex engineering tasks in electrical, mechanical, optical, software, systems, and/or hardware components
- Presents design analysis to Design Review Boards
- Prepares progress reports relating to assignments
- Participates, and may lead proposal teams
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Active Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: signal processing, satellite systems
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: sensors calibration, software, mechanical systems, electrical systems, precision mechanisms/control systems, secure systems, RF
- Experience using MATLAB and modeling simulation tools
- Proficient with DOORSTM
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work closely with other disciplines
- Experience with Requirements flow down/requirement allocation/requirement tracking
- Experience in risk management
- Experience with project management
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.