Intern/Co-op Senior D - Contracts (Clifton, NJ)
Job Title:Contracts Intern
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
- Assist in the proposal, administration, and general business process for contract management support to complex, multi-year, Government, Commercial, and International programs, in accordance with Company policies, government regulations and customer requirements.
- Support with processing contract funding into PeopleSoft, and maintain program performance metrics.
- Support with contract management support to internal program teams, providing a strategic viewpoint, assisting in solving complex problems, and offering creative solutions;
- Develop strong customer relationships, interacting frequently, and working as a team to resolve issues and streamline processes;
- Analyze, assess and provide mitigation tactics for business and contractual risk;
- Prepare, negotiate, review, and execute contracts detailing prices, terms and special provisions;
- Accomplish Department and Division objectives by promoting sound business principles, applying leadership in planning, identifying, understanding and mitigating risks while ensuring effective business execution;
- Ensure compliance with government regulations, corporate policies and best practices.
- In pursuit of Bachelor's degree in Finance, Management, Business, Economics, or Supply Chain Management.
- 3.0 GPA
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience in creating and maintaining complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and computer skills.
- Creative and strategic mindset.
Please be aware this position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.