Director, Program Management
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Director, Program Management
Job Code: SAS20191308-32701
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
The Program Director’s overall responsibilities include leading internal and subcontractor teams in the delivery of Space Situational Awareness capabilities for the US Government, customer relationship management, and development of a talented workforce. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the cost, schedule and technical performance requirements of a program through all phases, inception to completion. Develop and assign project leadership talent to sub-projects resulting in successful accomplishment of project objectives
- Develop and manage financial and staffing forecasts.
- Prepare proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budget and financial terms/conditions of the contract.
- Responsible for high-level customer relationship management and advocacy of L3Harris capabilities and offerings to existing and prospective customers.
- Fully understand customer mission gaps, constraints and objectives. Map L3Harris capabilities to customer needs. Drive long-term business strategy.
- Ensure all resources such as engineering, production, and facilities are available to support the program. Engage and lead engineering team to develop white papers to identify new studies.
- Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Develop next generation talent through on-the-job mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree with 15 years of experience or Masters with 13 years of experience; or equivalent.
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Technical or government acquisitions background
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Objective thinker, problem solver with ability to execute challenging tasks to completion.
- Previous experience with subcontractor management as a program manager.
- Understanding of government budgeting and contracting processes.
- Experience providing/reinforcing the credibility and commitment of Harris at appropriate levels in the customer community.
- Experience organizing and coordinating customer visits, participation in appropriate symposiums and trade shows.
- Experience making effective decisions regarding the profitability and achievability of pursuits.
- Experience working with other Program Managers, Business Development Managers, Financial Managers, Contract Managers, Product Lines, and Engineering functions.
- Experience communicating in a thorough, clear, and timely manner which supports information sharing and goal achievement.
- Can develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.