Specialist, Systems Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Specialist, Systems Engineer
Job Code: SAS20192410-34322
Job Location:Colorado Springs, CO
Job Description: L3Harris Technologies is seeking a Systems Engineer for the Colorado Springs, CO location. This is an opportunity to contribute to mission critical systems in a growing DOD field. You will help develop and maintain solutions for mission critical assets. Be a key part of a team of talented professionals where collaboration is crucial to success.
- Conduct review of system requirements, preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, and test plans.
- Support CONOPS development, trade studies, and requirements analysis, derivation, traceability, and verification for radar systems and subsystems.
- Communicate within and outside of the organization, which includes major customers or vendors.
- Support system integration, verification and validation activities.
- Support the logical and systemic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, and timeline analysis.
- Perform Cost, Risk, and Supportability and Effectiveness analyses for total systems (concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance & disposal).
- Support/lead technical proposals, including decomposition of customer requirements into a system architecture/design, technical writing, technical risk management, cost estimating, etc.
- Create SysML models and/or UPDM views using MagicDraw or Rhapsody.
- Support all the specialty disciplines within systems engineering such as human factors, system safety, reliability, maintainability, and logistics and ensure they are incorporated.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Experience employing systems engineering processes and developing systems engineering products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Interim or active DOD Secret Security Clearance or greater.
- Ability to obtain DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- SATCOM knowledge.
- Familiarity with process management and lean six sigma practices.
- Experience working in IBM Rational DOORS.TM
- Solid understanding of using MagicDraw or Rhapsody to develop MBSE artifacts.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.