Sr Mgr, Finance
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Finance
Job Code: SAS20191408-32734
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
The Space Superiority and Geospatial Sector is seeking a Sr. Finance Manager to support a highly dynamic area comprised of large space situational awareness systems. This role will manage the Space Situational Awareness (SSA) Division based in Colorado Springs. This position will be responsible for all aspects of the business including OSP, working capital/investment, discretionary spend, department OH, and oversight/management of the SI1 rate pool for the franchises in the division. This financial leader will assume career development and talent management responsibilities for the PFAs supporting the business and act as a key business partner to the area and its leadership, helping to drive favorable cash flow, operating income, and revenue results through program execution and internal teaming and influencing.
- Must be proactive in driving favorable business deals for upcoming franchise re-competes, developing business/process solutions, and complex problem solving
- Should have a thorough understanding of the usage of various financial resources (IR&D, Direct Selling, B&P, Capital, OH, G&A) from a strategic business/growth perspective including financial, accounting and compliance implications
- Must have experience in business case development and analysis, and a strong grasp of accounting concepts and treatments
- Must be capable of making presentations to executive management
- Must have strong leadership and interpersonal skill set, be capable of interfacing and forming strong business partnerships with key leaders
- Able to operate effectively in a dynamic environment
- Must possess strong communication skills (Oral, Written, Listening) and excel at providing leadership to a team with varying levels of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with 12 plus years of directly, applicable experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's with 10 plus years’ experience; or equivalent..
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong communication skills (Oral, Written, Listening).
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with people of all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively solve problems and issues in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a dynamic environment
- 8-10 years with Hyperion, PFM, EVM, Revenue Recognition and EAC process, Financial Modeling and Business Acquisition process.
- 10 plus years with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or MPM. Excel knowledge including but not limited to pivot tables, lookups, relational formulas and query usage.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.