Configuration Management / SCM Tools Engineer
Job Title: SCM Tools Engineer
Job Location: Dulles, VA
Job Code: ES20191107-32068
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.comJob Description:
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter seeking to learn and do new things while helping the organization excel at its process, reporting and quality goals. Working under the direction of the team lead, this position will be responsible for performing a variety of important activities as summarized below.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist engineers across multiple sites/projects with development tool usage/issues and using the tools in support of the established software development processes and procedures
- Create/maintain templates for JIRA dashboards & issue boards and for Confluence pages
- Create/maintain management and project reports and templates with JIRA, Xporter and EazyBI using features of the tools and tool APIs
- Develop and execute robust process for exporting JIRA Issue data and performing an import of updated JIRA Issue data back into existing JIRA issues
- Provide training sessions on tools and process/procedures
- Assist with tool administration such as user provisioning, project setup, etc.
- To provide user support, acquire operational knowledge of tools and procedures for: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Git, Xray, Xporter
- To provide SME support, acquire SME level knowledge of: Confluence and JIRA’s addon products: Xray, Xporter, EasyBI, & Dataplane
- To provide for reporting engineering, acquire SME level knowledge of both the Xporter template and the MDX query languages
- Strong coordination with other sites including Dulles VA, Mount Prospect IL, State College PA and Nashua NH
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- At least 4 years of experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) Tools.
- Experience working with Git (repository concepts, manipulating references and commits)
- Experience using Git, merging, branching and rebasing
- Experience as a user of Atlassian Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Experience in a role that provided regular technical support and assistance to a user base
- Experience using scripting (any language such as Perl, Bash, Python) in automating tasks
- Active Secret Security Clearance preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to code/script for solutions to address needs of a team, project or organization
- Experience establishing branch strategy for teams/projects (with any source code version tool)
- Experience as a site admin for one or more Atlassian Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Experience with Xray for JIRA (or any JIRA test management addon tool: Zephyr, TM4J, etc.)
- Experience scripting (Groovy, Python, or any language) in automating tasks for reporting, tool integrations or process controls, or using REST/API interfaces
- Experience development with MDX query language
- Experience creating reports with the Xporter template language
- Experience creating and following up with support cases with tool vendors
- Experience with configuration management associated with Altium ECAD and SolidWorks/Creo MCAD design development tools
Candidate must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance.
Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.