Software Defined Radio Specialist
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
Job Title – Software Defined Radio Specialist
Job Location – Columbia, MD
Job Code – CS20190606-31597
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
- Primarily responsible for the design and development of software systems for Software Defined Radio (SDR) products.
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products.
- Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation.
- Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE, BSSE required with a minimum of 4 years prior relevant software industry experience. A graduate degree and 2 years of prior related software industry experience is acceptable.
- Strong proficiency, fluent with C/C++ is required.
- Proficiency in Object-Oriented Analysis/Design (OOA/OOD) required.
- Must have a strong embedded software development background and troubleshooting skills.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with software emulators/debuggers.
- Proficiency with multi-threaded design and/or embedded real-time operating systems highly desired.
- Experience with flash file systems, XML, and networking.
- Proficiency with CORBA.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, and/or Ruby) and GNU Make build systems preferred.
- Familiarity with POSIX-based operating systems, such as BSD, QNX, Linux, etc.
- Experience with design and implementation of time-critical software applications.
- Ability to analyze and modify existing software to add new capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; good interpersonal and communication skills; creativity in problem solving.
- Experience with wireless communications systems is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of IP Networking, Radio Frequency (RF) technology, and Software Defined Radio (SDR) development desirable.
- Understands basic principles and technical concepts; position provides opportunities to apply theory to practice.
Please be aware that many of our positions, including this one, require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit