IT Internal Audit Specialist
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Specialist, IT Internal Audit
Job ID: CHQ20190310-33753
Job Location: Melbourne, Florida or Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Under the general guidance of the Director, IT Audit:
- Evaluate process and business systems effectiveness through the application of knowledge of financial, manufacturing, engineering, procurement processes with an emphasis on data analytics
- Apply knowledge of current and emerging technologies which may include: Peoplesoft Financials, PeopleSoft HR, Oracle EBS, SAP, Oracle Database, web development tools, virtualization, UNIX, Linux, cloud and security technologies
- Apply knowledge of COSO Framework, NIST, ISO, CoBIT and/or other leading business and IT control frameworks
- Apply knowledge of key domains of information technology general controls, including change management, access to programs and data, computer operations and systems development
- Assist with walkthroughs of business process controls and test for design and operating effectiveness pursuant to our annual Sarbanes-Oxley 404 assessment process
- Prepare work papers documenting procedures performed and that fully support audit findings
- Assist in the preparation of Internal Audit IT reports which include formal recommendations to management for review and implementation
- Keeps abreast of company policies and procedures, current developments in IT and auditing professions
- Independently and objectively execute audits in accordance with professional auditing standards
- Interact with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance
- Perform special projects or reviews, as assigned
- Travel up to 25% including some international locations
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Accounting or Finance and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- CISA and/or CIA
- Public Accounting experience
- Industry internal audit experience
- Understanding of business process risks and internal controls
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.