On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
Position: Software Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
Job ID: AS20191911-34842
The Surveillance and Automation Solutions (S&AS) business area within Harris is seeking a mid-level software engineer to develop applications and enhancements to the ADS-B System. We are looking for the type of person that codes for fun, quickly wins the respect of peers, and jumps at the chance to share knowledge and tackle problems!
The candidate will be responsible for performing tasks such as:
- Develop software designs using UML tools and processes.
- Design, implement, analyze, and debug algorithm-intensive software.
- Conduct detailed reviews of code to ensure that it meets the reliability requirements associated with flight safety
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with one or more programming language such as C, C++, or Qt.
- Hands-on experience working both Windows and Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Model-based design experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations
- Architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns, and strong fundamentals
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite
- Basic aviation knowledge a plus
- Experience developing software in accordance with RTCA DO-278 is highly desired.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit