L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
The team at L3 Technologies creates solutions that saves lives.
Join our team and serve those who serve us.
Who we are.
We have approximately 10,000 employees with locations across the United States and internationally. Our Maritime and Communication Systems deliver truly discriminating multi-domain solutions to our defense customers' most challenging problems. Our smart devices send mission-critical data into armed conflicts to help our troops stay safe by staying in touch with key information. We've taken large communications systems - ground based, mobile satellite, surveillance and reconnaissance - and developed new ways to make them smaller and more capable. The Communications & Networked Systems Segment provides a broad range of capabilities.
Why should you work at L3 Technologies?
Not only can you make life-saving differences for our troops, but at L3, we offer market competitive compensation and benefits.
Who works at L3 Technologies?
We are committed to diversity in every aspect of our business. Our inclusive culture welcomes all employees and values their unique contributions to our success. For L3, diversity enhances our business.
Are you ready to be part of L3 Technologies?
Join us as we keep our nation and troops safe by providing life-saving solutions for use on sea, land, air, and space.
L3 ASV is seeking a full-time ASV Operator as it continues to develop and establish a foothold in the rapidly growing market space for Unmanned Surface Vessels. This role will be based out of L3 ASV�s headquarters in Broussard, Louisiana.
About L3 ASV:
L3 ASV is an exciting young technology growth company whose principle business is unmanned and autonomous marine vessel design, construction, operation, sales, and leasing.L3 ASV operates in the military, energy and research sectors and builds innovative, technologically advanced products to solve difficult problems. The company has established, in both the US and sister company in the UK, a position as the market leader having delivered over 100 systems to date.
Typical duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all regular maintenance on the ASV in an offshore environment.
- Operate the vehicle as needed to complete job.
- Demobilization and management of inventory and equipment.
- Maintain consistent quality workmanship.
- Required to complete all necessary HSE documentation for clients.
- Responsible for the planning, management, coordination, delivery and financial control of designated projects.
- Responsible for applying recognized best practice Project Management techniques in the delivery of projects assigned.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Experience in the marine industry.
- Able to go offshore for 2-4 weeks at a time if necessary, every 4 months or less.
- Self-directed, organized, systematic, punctual, and goal-oriented.
- Computer literate.
- Strong attention to detail with electrical or mechanic abilities.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic, software and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US SECRET clearance.
- Familiar with boat operations and sensors.
- Experience working with robotic and autonomous systems.
- Navy preferred (Riverine).
- USCG licensed operators and masters.
- ROV Techs and Operators who would like to apply their remote vehicle skills to surface vessels.
- Work performed in a combination of shop and offshore work environment.
- Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Normal balance and depth perception, able to live aboard boats for extended periods of time (no chronic seasickness).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatable, climb ladders, and work on deck in a marine environment.
- Must be able get a passport and be available for overseas travel.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. E-Verify participant.
If you are interested in applying for employment with L3 ASV and believe you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources Department. Hearing impaired users please have your relay service provider contact our Human Resources Department.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. citizenship, for access to sensitive information.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.