Systems Administrator - Site Lead
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior Specialist, System Administrator - Site Lead
Job Location: Las Cruces, NM
Job Code: SAS20191009-33248
L3Harris is currently searching for a Site Lead / System Administrator who will be part of the technical team that monitors and maintains system operations for a 24/7 mission critical system. The candidate will work closely with Factory team to maintain system health, install updates, as well as resolve issues and anomalies. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring technicians are trained for monitoring the system as well as provide on-call support when issues are escalated.
- Site Lead responsible for managing operations at both sites, maintaining OPS schedules
- Monitor, operate, and maintain UNIX and Windows based applications
- Monitor V-Sphere virtual hosts
- Perform troubleshooting and anomaly resolution on site at a Tier 2 level
- Provide on-call support to 24/7 operations
- Monitor system status and network connectivity of UNIX and Windows systems
- Create/Update Training material and train new operators on system operations
- Maintain Information Security Baseline of Information Systems
- Maintain CISCO and Juniper networking equipment
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years prior relevant work experience, or equivalent
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Work experience working with security features with UNIX and Windows based operating systems
- System and Network monitoring experience (e.g. Nagios, Elk)
- Scripting experience (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl)
- Familiarity with network and security tools and applications like Antivirus, SCAP, Nessus
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MySQL DB Experience
- Network Appliance Configuration/Management (Firewalls, Routers, Switches)
- Experience with virtualization hypervisors (e.g. ESXi, VirtualBox, Proxmox)
This position requires an active TS/SCI Security Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.