Spec, Product Management
Position: Airport Solutions Manager
Location: Herndon, VA or Remote
Job ID: ES20192905-31462
The Symphony team offers a commercial aviation platform to the airports market and is looking to expand. We are searching for an airport solutions manager to join the organization and help identify market needs and requirements for product development team. The successful candidate will be a go getter and is interested in making an impact in a faster past team. We are also looking for someone who is interested in bringing new ideas for growth to the team while also clearly communicating those ideas and market needs to the software development team to build. A love of new emerging technologies is a bonus!
- Analyzing customer needs, the market environment, and competitive landscape to ensure that our Symphony airports products continue to evolve and solve key customer problems within the overall strategic focus of the organization.
- Externally engage in customer interactions or with strategic partners at both user and technical levels in order to define needs, use cases, and next steps on new product features.
- Ability to define product roadmaps and requirements from engagements for our Commercial Airport Product suite to include Operations, Noise Management and Environmental, Airfield Security, and Emerging IT.
- Work internally with product management to prioritize and develop new requirements and work to manage priorities for analysis, defects, and enhancements for current offerings.
- Provide highly detailed requirements and use cases. Manage the Requirements Documents through to sign-off by the required individuals and departments. Review and jointly (with the Software Development Manager) approve all changes in scope.
- Provide complete user requirements and/or functional specifications for quotations for new sales and for custom development work for existing customers.
- Reply to requests for proposals (RFPs) as sales team requires.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Product training internally and externally on new features.
- Act as a subject matter expert as required due to the highly technical (functional) nature of the specific sale.
- In collaboration with the marketing communications group, ensure that all user documentation is up to date, and that sales presentations and other marketing materials are current, complete and available to the Sales team.
- Write and manage technical whitepapers on assigned product line.
- Assist management with the establishment of product-specific goals for new sales, share, penetration and customer retention and assume responsibility for ensuring that the product is modified as required to support those goals.
- Make recommendations for resource allocations to meet strategic goals.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering (system, software, or aerospace), aviation management, operational research, or business.
- 4+ years of experience in Airports or Aviation market.
- 4+ years specific experience and knowledge of airports market, preferably knowledge on operations, environmental, security, and IT solutions.
- 4+ years of experience with SaaS business model and knowledge and/or experience in agile software deployment process.
- 4+ years in product management or software engineering role with commercial software product line or direct experience in Airport operations, noise management or environmental compliance.
- Experience as a user at airline or airports, and experience creating business case or evaluation on justification/selection of new product purchases.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one, including this one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.