Sr Spec, Accounting
Job Title: Sr Accountant, Consolidations & External Reporting
Job Number: CHQ20191505-31333
Location: Melbourne, FL
At Harris, our shared set of values, skills and experience have shaped some of the most remarkable communications technologies and cutting-edge innovations in the world. A company is only as forward thinking as its employees. We encourage collaboration and creative problem-solving; your individual potential is endless. Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in about 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Electronic Systems and Space and Intelligence Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
The position is responsible for consolidating the company’s financials in accordance with US GAAP and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of the data. This position involves preparing consolidating adjusting entries and performing various consolidated account reconciliations, as well as preparing internal reports and analysis of the company’s financial results. This position is also responsible for helping ensure that GAAP and SEC reporting requirements are adhered to and that SEC and other external reports / filings are complete, accurate and submitted timely. This position will be responsible for:
- Consolidate all Harris entities within Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Perform monthly consolidated adjustment entries
- Review and consolidate quarterly accounting schedules submitted by divisions required for financial statement disclosures
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of external financial documents, including SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K)
- Coordinate and support quarterly tax department journal entries
- Perform quarterly reconciliation and analysis on consolidating adjustment entities
- Prepare and summarize quarterly E&Y flux analysis
- Support both internal and external audit requests
- Special projects on request such as preparing ad-hoc analysis / reports and assisting with material transactions (acquisitions, divestitures, impairments, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or a related Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- At least one year of experience with financial close process and analysis.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA with active license
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail
- Self-starter with a continuous improvement mentality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, and the flexibility and adaptability to assume additional responsibilities as needed
- Great organizational skills and ability to multi-task is a must.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.