Intern/Co-op Senior D- Mechanical Engineer (Amityville, NY)
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Summer 2019)- North Amityville, NY
Job Code: ES20192301-29753
Job Location: North Amityville, NY
- Responsible for the design, layout, testing and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems.
- Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- Analyzes mechanical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Investigates solutions to product or process problems.
- Consolidates results of mechanical design elements for assigned projects.
- Conducts investigations involving the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications or requirements.
- Performs product development activities including drawing board layout and interpretation/implementation of customer specifications and documentation requirements.
- Must be matriculating for the degree of a BS Mechanical Engineer.
- GPA of 3.0 or greater required.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.