Materials Management Planner
Materials Management Planner - Amityville, NY
Job Code: ES20191106-31654
Harris Corporation is seeking a Materials Management Planner to join its Avionics operations team in its Amityville, NY.
- Utilize Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems to effectively time phase material to service cash flow objectives and program schedule.
- Participate in the development of Supply Chain strategies
- Execute program requirements according to plan and track progress for cost savings initiatives
- Schedule and monitor the efficient movement of material from identification of the requirement to delivery to the end user.
- Define raw material scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules
- Coordinate material distribution with purchasing, warehouse, and end user.
- Track and report material EVMS performance
- Plan and schedule materials, equipment, and commodity products of moderate complexity for government and commercial programs.
- Participate in improvement project teams as assigned.
- Facilitate cost reduction initiative implementation
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years Supply Chain Management, Planning or relevant experience; OR 2 yrs Post-Secondary/Associates Degree and 8+ years Supply Chain Management, Planning or relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint
- General understanding of FAR, MMAS, SOX, and CAS requirement
- APICS and/or ISM certification
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.