Associate Manager, Quality Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Associate Manager, Quality Engineering
Job Code: SAS20192511-34963
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
The Quality Engineering Associate Manager will be responsible for leading a team of approximately 6-10 employees made up of Program Quality and Manufacturing Quality Engineers located in the Palm Bay development facility. Effectively manage quality engineering team to ensure successful implementation and sustainment of L3Harris’ quality management system in support of the F-35 TR3 programs within the Space and Airborne Systems business segment. Effective collaboration with manufacturing engineering, program management, operations management, supplier quality engineering, supply chain and manufacturing engineering is critical to the role. In addition, the Quality Engineering Associate Manager will be required to perform quality engineering tasks on program as well as performance management and talent development.
- Responsible for successfully leading and developing a team of high caliber quality professionals.
- Responsible for performance management of team members include hiring, promotion and compensation authority within own organization, in accordance with management review and approval.
- Leads projects, provides training, logistical and infrastructural assistance for quality initiatives.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, leadership, and measurement of quality management system and Zero-Defect initiatives.
- Ensures internal, customer, regulatory and 3rd party requirements are defined, measured, and continuously improved.
- Drives early cross functional engagement initiatives to ensure quality is built into the design and processes.
- Develops budget and monitors expenditures for Quality department.
- Apply AS9100 and other respective quality standards and ensure compliance.
- Apply Harris policies, procedures and standards that are relevant to the respective program and functional organizations.
- Apply principles of quality science, and other qualitative & quantitative methods to cultivate and partner in driving performance to contract, quality, cost and schedule, customer satisfaction and continuous quality improvement throughout the program lifecycle.
- Collaborate with various QMS elements and other support functions and customers to meet the various quality, cost, and schedule commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in a technical field (engineering preferred) with 6 years of experience within operations, supply chain, quality, or related experience or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years related experience.
- Demonstrated leadership of Quality initiatives in manufacturing environment.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active secret clearance desired.
- Strong interactive skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to focus, prioritize, and multi-task successfully to drive tasks to closure to support commitments and business objectives.
- ASQ certification or ability to demonstrate proven results with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) with suppliers.
- SPC, Predictive Quality methodologies, Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, and problem-solving methodologies.
- Technical experience working with special processors and Nadcap.
- AS 9100/ISO 9001 quality system and process audit experience.
- Supplier development and engagement.
- Aerospace industry experience is preferred.
- Quality engineering experience with transitioning development programs to full production environment preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.