L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Director, Contracts
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Influences successful business outcomes in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income and free cash flow for new and continuing programs. Provides business, contractual and risk mitigation strategy guidance. Analyzes new laws, regulations and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives. Protects the interest of the company by understanding and interpreting contractual terms and conditions. Utilizes working knowledge of regulations including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). Analyzes significant and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and corporate policies and procedures. Manages the contractual review of solicitations, proposal development, contract change control process and overall contract administration. Establishes and maintains primary contractual interface with the customer. Maximizes cash through innovative contract formation and negotiation to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- Active Top-Secret security clearance.
- 10+ years of experience and compliance with, government FAR/DFAR’s, International (ITAR) and Commercial Contracting allowing for sound working knowledge of U.S. government procurement regulations, Long Term Agreements, Contracts Teaming Agreements, NDA / PIA Agreements and OTs.
- Expert on reducing risk, increasing return on sales and cash flow by negotiating creative business models.
- Impeccable customer service, communication, and relationship building skills
- Priority on growing talent through mentorship, training, opportunities.
- Team player who makes success of the customer mission top priority
- High level of finance knowledge and history on how to negotiate contracts to impact L3Harris financial goals
- Holds strong relationships with other functions within the program leadership team; is highly respected by peers
- Ability to influence business decisions through factual knowledge as well as relationship skills
- Timely completion of assigned tasks
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.