Lead, Program Manager
Lead, Program Manager
Job Code: SIS20191104-30887
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
During its 120-year history, Harris has transformed communications and information technology. Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
- Responsible for high-level relationship management; acts as client liaison.
- Responsible for client satisfaction, maintaining client communication, and the overall management of the client relationship.
- Responsible for managing the cost, schedule and technical performance requirements of a program through all phases from inception to completion.
- Directs the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budget and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Ensures that all resources such as engineering, manpower, production and facilities are available to support the program.
- Involved in defining program parameters or guiding internal research and development efforts in assigned field.
- Works with customers to determine needs, requirements and new business opportunities.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Works to grow the client relationship by identifying new business opportunities.
- Solves highly complex problems with significant business impact.
- Interacts internally with management and customers on significant business matters.
- Activities will also include the development and management of forecasts.
- Forecast inputs will be assessed and judged to provide high-level management with Annual Operating Plan and 3-Year forecast recommendations.
- Candidate will participate in overall marketing strategies and business planning in support of Harris initiatives and strategic corporate business pursuits. As required, the candidate will lead and support planning for and involvement in applicable trade shows.
- Bachelor’s degree with 9+ years of relevant Program/Project Management experience; OR, Graduate degree with 7+ years of related experience; or equivalent
- 6+ years direct customer interface experience
- Experience with Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and International customers
Preferred Additional Skills:
- TS/SCI or Top Secret
- Experience with the Business Acquisition Process in company working government contracts is a plus. Experience with Harris’ Business Acquisition Process also a plus.
- Experience Planning, organizing, and directing. Objective thinker, problem solver with ability to execute challenging tasks to completion. Possesses quality values and work ethic.
- Experience with IDIQ contract vehicles and task orders a plus.
- Able to provide/reinforce the credibility and commitment of Harris at appropriate executive levels customer community
- Ability to organize and coordinate customer visits participation in appropriate symposiums and trade shows.
- Understanding of the customer procurement processes and government funding approval
- Ability to perform analysis of addressable market
- Ability to make effective decisions regarding the profitability and achievability of pursuits
- Ability to work with other Program Managers, Business Development Managers, Product Lines, and Engineering functions
- Ability to communicate in a thorough, clear, and timely manner which supports information sharing and goal achievement
- Ability to make formal presentations
- Can develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
Please be aware this position requires a TS/SCI or Top Secret. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.