Lead, Program Scheduler
Job Title: Lead, Program Scheduler
Job Code: SIS20191505-31325
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
- Creates and tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction.
- Performs schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or projects.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Prepare, develop and coordinate integrated master plan and integrated master schedule (IMP/IMS) using MS Project.
- Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes, systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area.
- Establishes operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the job function.
- Provides measurable input of new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall functional results.
- Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results.
- Conducts extensive investigation to understand root cause of problems. Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues across the function and/or business area.
- Develop new concepts or standards.
- Lead scheduling status reviews and conduct briefings with senior leaders which requires ability to communicate matters of importance to the function or business area.
- Works to influence others to accept individual or team’s views or practices and changes to concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of the organization which includes customers or vendors.
- Communicates within and outside of organization to explain and influence changes to policies, practices, or approaches.
- Leads, directs and reviews the work of other team members as needed
- Influence changes to practices, processes and approaches and documents.
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Requires comprehensive level 5 knowledge of Project and Program Scheduling area obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years MS Project, Primavera or other related tool hands on Scheduling Experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Monte Carlos Analysis.
- SSI tools management.
- Program Management and or Coordination, SDLC process.
- Critical thinking and problem solving, attention to detail and quality.
- May have in-depth Project Management experience.
Please be aware this position requires a TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.