Lead, Systems Engineer (Mission Solutions)
Lead, Systems Engineer
Job Code: SIS20191106-31645
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Harris Corporation is an industry innovator providing advanced communications and information systems to both government and commercial markets. The Space & Intelligence Systems (SIS) segment of Harris delivers complete solutions for global situational awareness, space superiority, and Earth insights. We provide the world’s most advanced sensors, payloads, and communications technologies; receiving and information processing systems; and analytics that give our customers the integrated information and actionable intelligence they need for mission and business success.
Harris has been focused on the “high frontier” since the beginning of the Space Age. We help protect U.S. space assets and access to space by developing, modernizing, and sustaining the ground-based radars and optical systems that find, fix, and track objects in space. We ensure the delivery of critical information from those systems for effective battle management, command, and control. Looking further into space, Harris’ optical systems, as part of the world’s most advanced telescopes and observatories, and related services enable scientists to gain a clearer picture and better understanding of the universe.
This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills, develop new experiences, and support key customer missions.
- Provides systems engineering expertise and technical leadership in a broad field of engineering, research, evaluation and development for highly complex systems
- Applies systems engineering standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
- Specifies, architects, analyzes, models, establishes flow downs and verifies designs, tests and verifies complex engineering tasks in electrical, mechanical, optical, software, systems, and/or hardware components
- Participate in and potentially lead business pursuit efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience, or equivalent experiences.
- Must have technical leadership with CSE experience
- Experience in signal processing and satellite systems
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: software, precision mechanisms/control systems, secure systems, and RF
- TS/SCI security clearance required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to work closely with customers, Business Development, and all other functional disciplines
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to work with internal and external resources
- Understanding of SE development processes and life cycle
- Team player able to work in a large program environment.
- Fast learner able to adjust to project needs and learn new skills quickly
- Experience in risk management
Please be aware this position requires a Top Secret or TS/SCI Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.