Quality Control Inspector (Electromechanical)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Quality Control Inspector C (Electromechanical)
Job Code: SAS20191209-33307
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
- Perform detailed inspections on modules, chassis, Mil-Spec parts, cables, PWB’s, components, and top-level assemblies for complex ground and/or flight systems for commercial and government programs to detailed drawings and specifications.
- Capture and maintain configuration records and perform Receiving Inspection functions and In-process inspections per electronic work orders.
- Ensure Receiving Inspection processes are accurate and properly documented.
- Perform mechanical measurements using various measuring instruments.
- Process data requests, maintain inspection records, categorizing of hardware and data per electronic work orders.
- High School / Secondary Education plus 4+ years related experience in inspection or assembly operations/machining inspection.
- Experience reading/interpreting blueprints or schematics.
- Experience in Mechanical inspections utilizing inspection tools (calipers, micrometers, surface plate, height gages, on engineering drawings, Mil-Spec, and cable inspection.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to quickly learn CCA inspection to IPC-A-610, Cable inspection to IPC 620, inspection on electro-mechanical assemblies including module, chassis, and rack inspection, as well fabricated parts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be a self-starter, and practice excellent customer service.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, on short notice and for possible long durations to support internal customer delivery schedules.
- Must be flexible to changing needs and priorities, multi-task, and work as an independent contributor and/or a team member.
- Ability to work 1st or 2nd shift.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Mechanical assembly experience required to validate assemblies to detailed, complex drawings.
- GD&T experience is a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.