Quality Technician C
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Quality Technician
Job Code: SAS20191811-34799
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
- Perform detailed inspection on modules, chassis, and top-level assemblies for complex ground and/or flight systems for commercial and government programs to detailed drawings and specifications.
- Responsible for participating in quality assurance related tasks on prototype and deliverable hardware for avionics and space applications.
- The type of hardware produced at this L3Harris location is often complex, containing circuit card assemblies (CCAs), micro cable wiring harnesses, multi-chip modules (MCMs)/hybrids, and higher-level system assemblies in a (class 8) cleanroom environment.
- This job will have a high emphasis on microelectronics.
- Capture and maintain configuration records, perform in-process and final inspections per paper and electronic work orders.
- Ensure manufacturing processes are accurately followed and properly documented.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with microscope.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Able to work 1st. (2nd shift preferred)
- Ability to use a microscope (high magnification) and other magnification tools for long periods of times to inspect micro-electronics and other circuit card assemblies.
- Mechanical assembly experience to validate assemblies to detailed, complex drawings.
- Certifications to workmanship ES900060, ESD and High Reliability.
- Performing mechanical measurements on assemblies and tooling using various measuring instruments including calipers and high-power measurement scopes.
- Knowledge of conductive and structural epoxy’s, ball and wedge bonding, RF tuning, and braze lid sealing.
- Interfacing with manufacturing and quality engineers to ensure hardware is being produced per program quality standards.
- Reviewing equipment setups and all associated paperwork prior to testing hardware.
- Performing routine area audits to ensure L3Harris processes are being followed per command media and equipment is in calibration.
- Knowledge and understanding of MIL-STD-883.
- Ability to use a metallurgical scope (100X-500X) and a stereo scope. (5X-70X)
- Good computer skills essential for accessing drawings, documenting non-conformances, and work order documentation.
- Able to work overtime, including weekends, on short notice and for possible long durations to support contractual delivery schedules.
- Flexible to changing needs and priorities, able to work in a team environment.
- Strong people skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.