Senior Manager, Business Development (Palm Bay)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Senior Manager, Business Development
Palm, Bay FL
The successful candidate will work effectively with senior business development leadership as well as program, technical and functional entities for the purpose of developing business strategy, identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and interfacing with customers to close on contract orders to meet annual operating plan and strategic growth plan. This position will be supporting the Intelligence and Cyber Sector of Space and Airborne Segment.
As part of the business development team and in partnership with Segment and business unit leadership, the successful candidate will:
- Win new business with Government and commercial prospects
- Ensure execution of comprehensive financial analysis, capture strategy, competitive assessments, business case, and price-to-win related to closing new business
- Lead and drive opportunity identification, qualification, shaping and positioning for DoD and/or Federal Agencies programs, across multiple customer organizations, through identification of unmet mission needs
- Mature account and contact plans for major clients
- Recommend strategies and approaches for differentiation based on market understanding
- Develop a roadmap of pursuits mapped to customer needs to support strategic planning
- Develop strategic partnerships with other organizations in the private/public sector to improve winning probability and enable business growth
- Promote and foster continued business development opportunities with existing customers
- Expand and grow business base by developing new customer relationships
- Establish close working relationships with Business Unit leadership
- Effectively communicate status of activities above to executive leadership
- Support the day-to-day business rhythm and reporting
- Estimate and manage discretionary budgets and participate in strategic fund planning for internal research and development.
- Execute campaign strategies relative to business capture planning,
- Lead / support business acquisition process milestone/gate reviews; to include opportunity identification, qualification, pursuit, pre-proposal, and proposal processes
- Lead participation in forums/conferences to further position Harris as a thought leader for solutions relevant to Satellite Ground Systems and RF Communications
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- 5 years' experience developing new business opportunities within DOD, IC and other related organizations
- 5 years of experience leading capture and proposals
- 3 years of experience with RF Communications, RF spectrum management, Network management
- Active Secret/TS/SCI Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Disciplined, self-starting professional who can bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight
- Engineering Background on RF Communications, Electrical Engineering, or aerospace are ideal.
- Experience leading large Pursuits from identifying to capture
- Ability to lead and develop relationships with geographically dispersed people
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Demonstrated ability in competitive analysis, customer analysis, win strategy development, proposal and color team leadership and price-to win analysis.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.