Sr Mgr, HR Business Partner
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Location: Palm Bay, Florida
- Deliver HR leadership and support to facilitate meeting business and strategic growth objectives.
- Establish and execute HR strategy.
- Partnering with other HR Business Partners and Specialists to implement key HR processes, programs and strategies.
- Partnering with program leadership and employee teams to proactively address the human capital objectives and needs of the business to include talent acquisition, selection, development, compensation planning, employee relations, organization effectiveness, change leadership, employee engagement & retention and communication; understanding the client area’s strategic plans and initiatives to provide value added recommendations.
- Being actively involved with the organization’s talent through participation in the recruiting process, making recommendations regarding hires and participating in talent development and succession planning; actively engage with identified key talent.
- Analyzing data and making recommendations to the management team for continuous improvement.
- Improving HR processes by leading and/or participating on project teams focused on driving greater efficiency and effectiveness within the business.
- The successful candidate will implement HR programs and processes to align with the segment’s goals and practices and serve as a point of contact for special projects as needed.
- The role will partner with members of the segment HR team, will interact regularly with segment leadership, and liaise with corporate talent, compensation, benefits and HRIS teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources management or related field plus 12 years experience Or Masters Degree and 10 years experience
- Minimum 10 years directly related Human Resources experience, holding positions of increasing responsibility.
- 10 years’ experience working as a HR Business partner, including coaching and organizational development, in a matrixed environment.
Preferred Additional Skills and Experience:
- Experience coaching business leaders, facilitating organizational change, understanding of all HR functions as well as the application of HR principles and employment law.
- MBA or Master's Degree.
- Experience as an HR Business Partner supporting a highly technical workforce in the Aerospace & Defense Industry.
- Results oriented, proactive and resourceful; High level of integrity; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and to organize workload to assure that short timelines are met given frequent interruptions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, highly adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and self-initiative - has a track record on delivering commitments.
- Ability to influence, coach and consult with all levels of the organization in a positive and effective manner
- Ability and willingness to travel to sites as needed
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.