Software Configuration Management
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Software Configuration Management
Job Code: SAS20190608-32480
Job Location:Palm Bay, Florida
L3Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
Essential Functions: Provide software configuration management (CM) support. Duties include:
- Perform SW builds; authorize the release of software builds and changes specified by Program or Engineering.
- Provide Software CM support to software teams.
- Design and establish software configuration management documentation
- Identify and establish software baselines and configuration items
- Perform administration and user support, schema development and maintenance for CM toolset.
- Act as liaison between management and other functional groups to resolve configuration issues
- Perform as CM support on various program assignments to include Software CM and/or Hardware CM and Data Management responsibilities
- May perform scripting (Perl, Python, shell) to support existing CM toolset and tool integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience, OR, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience, OR, 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience
- Knowledge of Configuration Management Principles as they apply to Software
- Experience using ClearCase or ClearQuest
- Perl, Python or shell scripting knowledge
- Experience in fast-paced continuous change integration environment
- Experience in COTS integration environments
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Working knowledge of the following tools: Agile PDM, JIRA, Git/Bitbucket, Crucible, Subversion
- CM experience in a Government subcontracting environment
- Proven ability to define and implement Software Configuration Management processes in an enterprise environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to develop effective cross-functional working relationships
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.