Senior Electrical Engineer I
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
- Participating in electrical design tasks including requirements analysis, specification generation, interface definition, component selection, circuit simulation, schematic capture, and board layout.
- Contributing to advanced digital CCA design synthesis using both high performance and conventional converters, data interfaces, memory, processor and logic devices.
- Participating in layout activities for high layer count, high speed signaling, and complex via structure (including blind, buried and micro vias) for PCBs
- Designing product support test hardware including breakout boards and interface cable fixtures
- Interfacing with software and FPGA engineers to test and troubleshoot electrical circuits and interfaces of the CCAs
- Identifying high risk circuits functions to simulate and prototype/breadboard before creation of full design
- Developing test plans and procedures for digital subsystems and all relevant documentation for design description and requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD clearance; must also be able to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required
5-7 years of broadly based design, simulation and test experience with digital circuits and systems
3 years of lab integration and troubleshooting electrical subsystems
Experience with schematic capture tools to generate a complete schematic, with exposure to Altium preferred
Understanding of appropriate board materials and general board layout techniques
- Design for Test, Design for Manufacturing, and/or Design to Cost experience
Proficiency with circuit card and wiring harness fabrication techniques. Experience with hybrid/flex circuit card designs is strongly desired.
Electrical system diagnostic skills, including the ability to operate diagnostic equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, bus analyzers, signal generator, and power meters
Physical requirements include the ability to travel up to 10% and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Use of HyperLynx or other board simulation tools
- Experience with Mentor schematic capture and layout products
- Product design experience with repetitive production applications
- Board layout experience
- Working knowledge of LabView, MatLab, Python
A working knowledge of RF communication techniques and devices is strongly desired
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.