Job Title – Manufacturing Engineer
Job Location – Roanoke, VA
Job Code – CS20193105-31518
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at Harris.com.
Process engineering position focused on the manufacturing and testing of microchannel plates for electro-optical devices. Position responsibilities include:
- Enhancing the performance characteristics of the microchannel plates.
- Optimizing manufacturing and testing processes and implementing cost reduction opportunities (yield and productivity improvements, waste elimination).
- Diagnosing process and equipment issues and working with maintenance teams to keep equipment running optimally.
- Working with and training bargaining unit employees to improve work processes and product quality..
- Working to minimize or eliminate safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and productivity problems..
- Working with R&D engineering to test, refine and implement new product ideas.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering with minimum two years related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- MS Office skills.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.