Automated Test Development - Software
Job Title – Automated Test Development - Software
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Job Code – CS20192806-31910
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
The selected applicant will be responsible for the design and development of an automated test framework/environment to validate real-time embedded systems of advanced radio communications equipment. Working in a team environment, design and develop software components required to test features and capabilities for software defined radios. Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (requirements analysis, high level design, detailed design, coding, unit test, integration, system level test). Prepare work estimates, schedule inputs and metric data to project management. Consult with other cross-functional engineering staff (electrical, mechanical, systems) to evaluate automated test environment interfaces to radio equipment. Operates independently with direction from technical leads.
- Bachelor of Science in CS/SE discipline along with 2+ years of directly related software engineering experience to include:
- Automated test development
- 2+ years of software development of a test using C#, Java, or C++.
- 2+ years of strong Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD) experience.
- 2+ years of multi-threaded design/programming
- 2+ years of strong debugging/trouble shooting
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Tactical Radio Communications waveforms and equipment
- Experience with .net 4.7+ framework
- Experience with basic IP programming
- CMMI and standard software development processes
- Continuous integration systems
- software build system & deployment automation (Go CD)
- version control (SVN)/configuration management
- Linux experience
- OS scripting
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.