Embedded Software Experts Wanted!
Opportunities for Growth | Competitive Compensation
Comprehensive Benefits | Exciting, Customer-Centric Workplace
GROW WITH US!
Harris Communications Systems is on the cutting edge of high-speed voice, data and full-motion video applications for ground, vehicle and airborne solutions. We provide secure and reliable mission-critical capabilities for the men and women who defend and serve around the world.
We are looking for Embedded Software Engineers with the following experience to immediately join our teams in Rochester, NY and Sunrise, FL:
The Embedded Software Engineer will be a member or leader of a cross functional team with hands on responsibility for all phases of the software development process from requirements definition through integration and testing of completed product. Responsibilities will include system/software analysis, architecture definition, high-level design, detailed design, implementation, testing, documentation, and government certification of embedded software for radio or other communications products. Requires the application of the principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Research, design, develop, modify and evaluate embedded computer software for electronic equipment or other communications systems in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Determine design approaches and parameters. Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate results.
- Perform detailed analysis including: requirements analysis, use case scenarios, conceptual design, trade studies, test, operation, maintenance, and reliability analysis of radio communications products, internal subsystems, and external systems.
- Perform the functional analysis, requirements allocation and technical interface definition to translate customer requirements into software development specifications for the radio and associated subsystems.
- Develop block diagrams and interface design specifications.
- Work with product design, test, manufacturing, logistics engineering teams, product and program management and other groups, and external customers as needed to define and execute radio product development projects and deliver high-quality radio products.
- Prepare design and implementation reviews and oversee the configuration management and control of requirements and design documentation, and development software. Present technical briefings and status reviews.
- Ensure the conversion of customer requirements, including informal requirements, into total systems solutions that balance the technical, schedule and cost constraints of the program.
- Consult with electrical engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational performance requirements of the overall system.
- Develop software system testing procedures and design documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or software engineering with 3+ years of experience developing real-time embedded software in C++ or C.
- Experience with OOA/OOD software development methodology.
- Experience in full development lifecycle for software projects.
- Software development and design experience with C#, .NET or Java.
- Software testing experience.
- Ability to analyze and debug software and related hardware issues.
- Experience with TCP/IP network protocols, routing, and writing network communications software.
- Experience designing and developing device drivers.
- Experience/knowledge of Capability Maturity Model (CMM)/Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) systems and software development processes or other defined SW development process.
- Radio communications experience.
- Experience leading small product development teams and mentoring other engineers.
- U.S. DOD Security Clearance desired, but not required.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.