Lead, Program Manager
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Lead, Program Manager
Job Code: SIS20192907-32293
Job Location: Rochester, NY
L3Harris Space Systems is seeking a Program Manager for the National Electro-Optical Systems Business Area. This role will be responsible for overall program management of Government contracts and is accountable for program execution, customer satisfaction, and financial performance. The Program Manager will lead a customer funded research and development program to develop and demonstrate the next generation of space-based signal chain electronics architecture. Overall responsibilities include:
- Management of large, complex programs involving advanced electro-optical technology for space applications that are of significant strategic importance to the business area. Accountable for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the program through all phases, inception to completion
- Lead the program to meet quarterly and annual financial commitments to the Business Area
- Grow the program by proactively identifying and capturing additional and/or follow-on work
- Establish and nurture high-level customer relationships, and influence senior leadership to adopt and champion the business area concepts and strategy
- Effectively communicate within the team, upward with internal executive leadership, and externally with the customer to influence stakeholders for business success
- Champion and leverage new technology to establish differentiators that produce impact on business area results
- Work collaboratively with the functional organizations to ensure that all resources are available and empowered to meet program goals
- Work within a highly dynamic and changing environment and adapt to shifting customer priorities
- Bachelor Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience managing space electronics applications
- Solid technical background with strong business acumen
- Experience implementing strategies to influence external stakeholders for business advantage
- Knowledge of Government contracting practices and Earned Value Management (EVMS)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- Experience planning, organizing, and directing work that provides best value solutions to the customer and L3Harris.
- Ability to develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.