Mechanical Engineer, Dynamics Analysis
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Specialist, Mechanical Engineer - Dynamics Analysis
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job Code: SIS20191505-31324
- Modeling and simulation of dynamic systems.
- Structural dynamics analysis including, vibration analysis and vibration test support. Modal testing experience and FE model correlation.
- Perform analysis tasks on precision mechanisms and large structures in a program team environment.
- Regular activities include predicting on-orbit performance, backing out gravity effects, analysis and control of system line-of-sight, and system simulations in Simulink.
- Verify that all sub-assemblies are meeting their performance requirements to achieve overall performance within system level budget allocations by analysis or by test.
- Program support also includes requirements derivation and verification, system architecture development, loads derivation, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design analysis, generation of analysis documentation (including presentation materials, and deliverable data packages), and leading system test activities.
- Work multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Masters Degree and 2+ years of relevant experience, Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics or closely related discipline desired.
- Experience with space flight hardware analysis including precision mechanisms and composite structures.
- Active Security Clearance.
- 5 years of experience in the field.
- Proficiency with industry standard modeling and analysis tools such as FEMAP, NASTRAN, MathCAD, and Matlab. 3D modeling software experience (CREO or similar) is beneficial.
- Previous experience in both leading and tasking inter-disciplinary groups (from engineering to integration technicians) to perform complex system design / manufacturing activities.
- Familiarity with control systems and signal processing.
- Modeling and simulation of dynamic systems. Familiarity with state space modeling.
- Strong analytical aptitude and background for problem solving.
Please be aware that this position requires the ability to obtain a Security Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.