L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title – Procurement Buyer
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Job Code – CS20191005-31284
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
This procurement buyer will primarily be responsible for the execution buying supporting the JROC focus factories.
Purchases materials and/or commodity products. Evaluates bids, negotiates price, delivery, quality and service. Follows up on all awards through completion of order. Negotiates with suppliers regarding rejections, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes. Participant on the Supply Chain Commodity Teams – teams that evaluate and rate our suppliers, relative to production capability, performance and delivery.
Responsible for low/high dollar procurements and tactical maintenance of all procurement systems (i.e. - expediting, de-expediting, purchase order maintenance, Rejection and Disposition Notification, Revision Change Notification). Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and work in a team environment.
- Issue RFQs, evaluate bids, select suppliers, and place PO’s. Negotiate price, delivery and service.
- Support Blanket Purchase Order awards & inventory programs
- POC for ensuring delivery dates are met, handling over-shipments, cancellations, and receiving issues.
- Responsible to confirm all purchase orders through completion of delivery
- Ensure supplier compliance via an internet portal (eXpo PO tracking)
- Follow-up on all awards through completion of order
- Expedite Purchase Orders to meet operation ‘need dates’ - work with the suppliers to support unexpected demands
- Monitor critical shortages daily and work/negotiate the premium requests from suppliers with Planning
- Use Oracle EBS/ASCP daily to analyze planning needs, update orders, create new PO’s and add line items
- Assist with invoice reconciliation using PeopleSoft when necessary
- Responsible for data attribute accuracy - LT updates, min/mult updates and sending data steward requests
- Bachelors degree and minimum 4 years of prior procurement experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- ERP Business Systems and Agile (configuration mgmt.), experience a plus
- Strong computer application skills - Excel, Word and Outlook as minimum
- Enjoys working with people, developing relationships and sharing knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively (professionally) with both internal and external suppliers
- Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- Strong follow-up skills are necessary
- Analytical, problem solving
- Muti-tasking capabilities
- Positive attitude
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.