RF Electrical Engineering Experts Wanted!
Opportunities for Growth | Competitive Compensation
Comprehensive Benefits | Exciting, Customer-Centric Workplace
GROW WITH US!
Harris Communications Systems is on the cutting edge of high-speed voice, data and full-motion video applications for ground, vehicle and airborne solutions. We provide secure and reliable mission-critical capabilities for the men and women who defend and serve around the world.
We are looking for RF Electrical Engineers with the following experience to immediately join our team in Rochester, NY:
Responsible for the development of RF hardware for a new, next generation tactical radio product. Be part of a cross functional development team with hands on responsibility for the RF hardware development from the definition of requirements through the integration and testing of the completed product.
- RF hardware research, design, and development of software defined radio systems.
- Perform detailed design of RF circuitry.
- Perform subsystem and radio level verification and validation testing using formal techniques.
- Introduce designs into manufacturing through new product introduction processes.
- Identify, track and resolve assigned hardware defects through board level functional analysis followed by design updates and/or board repair.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE or BSCE), and 3+ years of experience with RF hardware design.
- Experience with frequency bands from 300 MHz to 8000 MHz.
- Digital circuitry knowledge.
- Exposure to test scripting programming languages such as LabVIEW and Matlab.
- U.S. DOD Security Clearance desired, but not required.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. #PIQ
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.