Senior Manager, Electrical Engineering
Job Title –Senior Manager, Electrical Engineering
Job Location –Rochester, NY
Job ID – CS20190907-31995
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Responsible for the design and development of hardware to support advanced HF radio products. Will be a leader of a cross functional development team. Initial tasking includes HF receiver, exciter, and power amplifier hardware design and development for an airborne HF development project. Future assignments will include technical leadership of HF radio development from the definition of requirements through the integration and testing of the completed product, support of factory introduction of new products, and value engineering (cost reduction) of radio products currently in production.
- Collaborate with other groups including Software Engineering, Mechanical Design, PWB Design, Operations, Program Management, and Product Management
- Staffing, scheduling, and budget responsibility for assigned projects
- Customer interaction, including briefings, conferences, trade shows, and product demonstrations.
- Approximately 5% travel
- Hands on familiarity with product line, related accessories, and software applications
- Work with Product Line Management to provide input for Strategic Planning
- Stay abreast of state-of-the-art technology advancement; identifying disruptive or emerging technology trends for inclusion in IRAD, innovation, or pursuit/program opportunities product improvements
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-department project teams
- Mastery of one or more areas of RF Engineering, and broad expertise across RF, analog, and digital circuit design
- DOD Secret clearance / ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- BS Degree in Science or Engineering fields with 12 years of management experience or MS Degree in Science or Engineering fields with 10 years of management experience
- 3+ years of experience managing multi-disciplinary engineering projects with budgets of $5M+
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Prior hands-on experience with HF radio communications, such as military service and Amateur Radio
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management concepts
- Familiarity with the Agile Methodology
- Application of design considerations for volume production
- Familiarity with basics of HF radio propagation
- A successful track record in planning and executing radio product development projects from concept through initial production
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization
- Experience supporting government customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.