Senior Specialist, Electrical Engineering
Job Title – Senior Specialist, Electrical Engineering
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Job Code – CS20190406-31553
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
Responsible for the design and development of digital hardware to support radio products.
Determine design approaches and parameters. Analyze electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Analyze equipment to establish operating data; conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Propose, lead, evaluate, and develop digital architectures to meet program needs. Design and develop high speed digital systems, and embedded digital architectures. Tasks may include requirements generation, VHDL design, module design, simulations and verification for FPGAs. Support the Design for Manufacturing process and the release of this product into production.
Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability. Responsibility may also include review of vendor capability to support development.
Will have design ownership from the definition of requirements through the integration and testing of the completed product, including initial low rate production. Proficiency with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and vector signal generators (VSG).
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior electrical engineering experience, or a Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior electrical engineering experience
- Digital PCB Board design experience interfacing to FPGAs and/or Embedded Processors.
- Experience with test automation (e.g. LabView) at all levels of the development process (board, integration, unit test)
- Experience with requirements management tools. (Ex. - DOORS)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proficiency with computer simulation of digital circuitry
- Application of design considerations for volume production (DFM, DFT)
- Experience with defect tracking tools. (Ex. - JIRA)
- Must have a successful track record in planning, executing, and tracking personal task assignments.
- Experience leading small teams and mentoring other engineers
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.