Senior Specialist, Order Management
Job Title – Senior Specialist, Order Management
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Job Code – CS20191006-31626
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
- Process Repair Orders by determining Billing and Shipping information
- Able to manage an average of 500 items in the repair process
- Able to lead and/or build compliance import/export program
- Interface with the customer via email, phone and in person
- Coordinate repairs and activities with internal and external resources
- Ensure contractual obligations are met
- Perform estimating and payment collection activities
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with data driven performance metrics
- Review imports/exports for compliance to ITAR, EAR, and customs regulations
- Assist customers with international shipping
- Work directly with freight forwarders as it relates to imports and exports
- Apply for export licenses (DSP-5s, BIS licenses)
- Experience with USML and 600 series items
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of customer service experience or Associates degree with 8 years of customer service experience or Master’s degree with 2 years of customer service experience.
- Familiar with Government contracts
- Experience with ITAR, EAR, and customs regulations
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proven Customer Service Skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Able to multi-task effectively
- Microsoft Office Competency
- Siebel Service
- Familiar with Harris products
- Good Communication skills, both writing and speaking
- Experience with Import/Export documentation and processes
- Experience with International Shipping
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.