Spec, Production Planning
Job Title: Production Planner, AI Business
Job Code: SIS20191106-31653
Job Location: Rochester, New York
Harris Corporation in Rochester, NY is looking for an individual that will successfully perform production planning responsibilities in support of the Analytical Instruments business. This includes all activities associated with planning and scheduling manufacturing materials and resources for on-time delivery against production requirements.
Additionally, this role involves the duties of Customer Liaison which entails direct interaction with customers for orders and order management.
This role requires the successful candidate to partner and collaborate with the Manufacturing and Engineering Managers ensuring material plans and execution schedules are fulfilled in a reliable and on-time manner for achievement of all business goals, objectives and success measures.
- Planning responsibilities include, shop floor workload coordination to meet delivery schedules, MRP material planning and coordination with procurement, manufacturing plan development and S&OP, interaction with inventory management and engineering change control
- Customer Liaison responsibilities include Sales Orders and demand management, Customer interaction and RMA coordination, product shipping interaction to ensure on time customer delivery, and other related activities and duties necessitated by a lean and efficient staff environment.
- Bachelors’ degree with a minimum of 2 years of related experience or an Associates’ degree with a minimum of 6 years of related experience supporting program scheduling and planning.
- Experience as a driven individual that will follow through to close on schedule requirements through effective negotiation.
- Experience in a shop floor, hand labor manufacturing environment.
- Experience in MRP systems, QAD or similar.
- Analytical ability for capacity calculation/planning, problem solv
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- PMP/APICS certification a plus.
- Effective communication skills that help plan and coordinate inter-functional activities to provide on-time schedule performance in support of the business areas is a key attribute for this individuals success.
- The successful candidate will have a general overall knowledge in both scheduling and material planning tools and processes.
- Develops solutions to day-to-day problems which require the use of ingenuity, persuasion and collaboration; ensures that solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Provides guidance and direction in use of systems, suggests and helps implement process and tool improvements.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.