Systems Engineering Experts Wanted!
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Opportunities for Growth | Competitive Compensation
Comprehensive Benefits | Exciting, Customer-Centric Workplace
GROW WITH US!
Harris Communications Systems is on the cutting edge of high-speed voice, data and full-motion video applications for ground, vehicle and airborne solutions. We provide secure and reliable mission-critical capabilities for the men and women who defend and serve around the world.
We are looking for Systems Engineers with the following experience to immediately join our team in Rochester, NY:
Design and develop complex tactical voice and data communications systems for integration into larger systems and platforms. Includes writing white paper initial concepts, generating proposals and program design, execution and delivery. Systems design with a focus on Line of Sight RF communications, IP networking and platform integration (Vehicle, Aircraft, Shipboard, and Fixed Site).
- Perform detailed communications systems design in multidisciplinary teams for real world applications in rugged military environments and use cases and execute from concept through design, review, build, integration and test.
- Manage cost, schedule, and perform risk and opportunity analysis for overall system and subsystem design.
- Perform trade studies on various products and systems, generate systems specifications and work with vendors and suppliers.
- Performing and supporting proposal efforts with architecture white papers, customer presentations, demonstrations and formal estimates.
- Work directly with customers, sales, program management, and product engineering teams to develop systems solutions to meet customer needs.
- Ensure the conversion of customer requirements, including informal requirements, into solutions that balance the technical, schedule and cost constraints. Includes requirements analysis, generation and review and system verification and validation.
- Approximately 10% - 20% short term international travel anticipated.
- BSEE/BSCE degree and 3+ years of experience in systems engineering.
- Demonstrated systems design and systems integration experience with relevant technology.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: Military Tactical Radio Applications and Systems Design (HF, VHF, UHF, Satcom), IP Networking, Wireless Voice and Data Systems, Platform and Vehicular Integration, C4ISR systems design.
- Familiarity with technologies and applications (airborne, vehicular, manpack, and handheld).
- Knowledge of RF antenna systems, two-way tactical radio systems, microwave systems, other wireless systems.
- Technical proposal experience to include: detailed scheduling, work breakdown structure development, basis of estimate (BOE) development and technical writing.
- Military systems experience.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Experience with process improvement in a CMMI and ISO9001 work environment.
- International government experience.
- International travel experiences, working with international teams and understanding of cultural sensitivity areas. Foreign language proficiency a plus.
- U.S. DOD Security Clearance desired, but not required.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.