Procurement Manager 3
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
The Procurement Manager compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives. Monitors performance of suppliers. Manages procurement BOMs. Prepares and submits weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to various levels of management. Develops procurement strategy for support of major proposals. Tracks and analyzes prices paid vs. procurement BOM budgets. Full responsibility for achieving cost savings targets developed by management. Evaluates areas of opportunity to leverage material acquisitions. Negotiates with suppliers and analyzes supplier performance. Reviews procurement packages to ensure that purchases are made in accordance with FAR/DFAR, corporate, and division policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the integrity of the Purchasing Department and its procedures ensuring compliance with government regulations and adherence to these procedures.
- Participates in establishing target pricing and budgets for material procurement and is responsible for tracking and meeting established budgets.
- Reviews and signs purchase orders to ensure compliance to government and contract requirements and budgets.
- Tracks material procurement status of all projects for progress, revenue, schedule and performance, and prepares monthly reports by project for presentation as required by management and program management.
- Demonstrates utilization of continuous improvement process (metrics, root cause analysis) to drive positive performance trends for both internal subordinates and external suppliers.
- Manages subordinates and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization�s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
- Must Exhibit strong leadership skills and 5+ years� experience in Procurement/Materials Management preferably in the defense industry
- Must have experience in purchasing/buying/ and all related materials management functions
- Comprehensive knowledge of the requirements and restriction of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Department of Defense FAR Supplement (DFAR)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and policies and procedures
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Ability to apply concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Qualified candidate will have experience in Counterfeit parts compliance, and be able to review folders for compliant procurement
- Must have strong Excel skills
- SAP experience is preferred
Bachelor�s Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain with 5+ years of directly related work experience.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Position requires an active in-scope DOD Secret Security Clearance, and the ability to maintain the stated clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.