Configuration Management Associate Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
Job Title: Configuration Management Associate Manager - Salt Lake City, UT
Job Code: ES20191004-30866
Harris Corporation is seeking a Configuration Management Associate Manager in Salt Lake City, UT to join our Acoustic Systems team. Essential functions and basic duties include:
- Attending program meetings to provide engineering inputs on technical data packages.
- Reviewing engineering drawings with customer for format and notes for consistency.
- Posting documents to customer FTP site as contract deliverables.
- Preparing cost estimates for engineer drawings and contract deliverables to appliers for new business capture.
- Establish all DOD and Commercial configuration management documentation.
- Analyze proposed product design changes to determine the effect on the overall system.
- Establish design baselines, authorizes the release of drawings, and implements ECD/ECN changes approved by Program or Engineering personnel.
- Control all engineering related documentation.
- Resolve parts obsolescence issues.
- Oversee the day-to-day work activities of a Senior Designer
- Prepare and submits CDRL and SDRL documentation to customers, as required by contract.
- Provide advice and guidance on methods, procedures, and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation.
- Act as liaison between management and other functional groups to resolve issues regarding configuration management documentation.
- Perform audits to verify compliance with contract requirements.
- Support new business capture through technical and BOE cost proposal generation for CM functions.
Qualifications: - must be quantifiable
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and 6+ years of hands-on Logistics and Configuration Management (CM) experience in both commercial and military environments.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance*
Additional Preferred Qualifications: -
- A demonstrated working knowledge of CM principles and practices with an industry certification.
- Experience with Configuration Management Principles as they apply to both Hardware and Software.
- DELTEK Costpoint ERP system experience.
- Supervisory exerience.
- ANSI Y14.5 documentation standard.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of Solidworks, 2D/3D CAD design software supporting product data management functions.
- Ability to present complex material to an audience of various skill levels, from novice to expert.
- Demonstrated ability to interface well with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent computing skills, including but not limited to proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Project), Adobe, Share Point, etc.
- Experience in fast paced, continuous change integration environment.
- Ability to complete given assignments accurately and in a timely fashion, with minimal supervision.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit