L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Reports to: Ground Operations Supervisor
Responsibilities of the Transportation Driver consist of providing safe transportation for students as primary function. In addition, the Drivers will assist the Student Life Coordinator with basic daily activities of the domestic/international student�s life at L3Harris Flight Academy in each area including but not limited to field trips, and all other aspects of student life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be a professional driver and provide customer service to all students, employees, and customer company representatives.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe practices, behavior, or conditions. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent students from engaging in unsafe practices.
- Maintain expected safety and service levels.
- Follow all federal, state, and local laws. This is to include any specific airport policies and procedures.
- Represent company and department with appropriate customer service including positive attitude and high level of professionalism.
- Maintain approved uniform to be clean and in good state.
- Able to drive safely all vehicles in the fleet at all times.
- Must be able to work all shifts if necessary including opening the morning shift and closing the night shift.
- Report to all shifts and standard bus runs on time to ensure students arrive to the Academy on time for events.
- Perform required paperwork accurately and timely. Report any discrepancies to the Supervisor.
- Clean and inspect all fleet vehicles for service issues and report to appropriate contact daily.
- Able to provide all daily maintenance and checks for all fleet vehicles and to include fueling.
- Clean transportation vehicles when able on assigned shift.
- Provide transportation and assistance to graduated students (this include pickup and transportation to MCO).
- Able to provide transportation and chaperoning for field trips this would include proper documentation, appropriate communication and details.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
- 25 years of age or older.
- High School, Certificate, or equivalent work experience
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) CLASS B with a passenger endorsement
- Valid drivers license, no vehicle moving violations/maintain excellent driving safety record
- Ability to work late nights/weekends/holidays, and/or be on call when needed or scheduled
- Prior Customer Service experience
- Must be able to multi task in a high pressure environment
- Able to communicate with students of diverse backgrounds
- Work collaboratively as a part of a diverse team
- Able to understand basic student�s needs
- Telephone and basic computer skills
- Able to complete detailed paperwork accurately and timely
- Maintain confidentiality related to information and material when needed
- Work is routinely performed in vehicles, a standard office environment and to include with some outdoor activities and events year round
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs (at times multiple bags and equipment)
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and other physical movements involved in student activities, and event set-ups
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.