Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Van Nuys, California
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
Job Title: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Job Code: SAS20192511-34947
Job Location: Van Nuys, CA
At L3Harris, software engineers have incredible opportunities to grow in their career and work on exciting projects that impacts people’s lives around the world. We cultivate innovation and welcome people from different backgrounds and experiences who can bring new ideas to the table. The software engineers get to experience and see the full life cycle of system development from concept to execution and finished product. We are very excited for new opportunities in the industry and we are grown our team to meet the demand. We are looking for talented engineers who are passionate about their work and thrive on intellectual curiosity and working in a diverse team of engineers.
- Full lifecycle design, implementation, unit testing and integration of software
- Work with various team members and system engineers to understand system requirements and be able to derive software level requirements
- Understand requirements, design, and implement software components
- Design and implement reusable software components using Object Oriented principles
- Attending design reviews, customer meetings and be able to present design concepts to the peers and customers
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Computer Science with a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience OR a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with C/C++ and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience with development and troubleshooting embedded software applications
- Experienced with using various software development tools including IDEs, debuggers, configuration management tools
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in developing real-time embedded software.
- Experience with design and algorithmic development for complex Electronic Warfare systems.
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows, and VxWorks Operating Systems
- Experience in RF/Radar Systems
- A Secret Security Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit