Trade Compliance Senior Specialist
Job Title: Trade Compliance Senior Specialist
Job Code: ES20192103-30606
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue.
The Electronic Systems Segment is seeking a qualified candidate to join the Harris Trade Compliance team as a Trade Compliance Senior Specialist. This individual will be responsible for providing Trade Compliance support to the Electronic Systems segment or a subordinate Business Unit, this includes but is not limited to:
- Interpreting U.S. trade regulations (ITAR, EAR, OFAC, ATF and Customs) and providing necessary guidance to internal customers.
- Interfacing with Program Managers, internal functions (Human Resources, Supply Chain, Information Systems, etc.) and senior leadership to ensure all work processes are in compliance U.S. Trade regulations.
- Drafting, submitting and managing export licenses, technical assistance agreements, commodity jurisdiction and classification requests, as required to support business initiatives.
- Reviewing and approving international shipments, foreign travel, incoming foreign visitors, release of technology and technical data, to ensure compliance with applicable U.S. regulations and Harris policies and procedures.
- Providing ad hoc export training.
- Assisting with internal audits.
- Reporting violations to the Electronic Systems Empowered Official.
- Drafting voluntary self-disclosures as needed.
- Business travel required: 10%
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Engineering, 6+ years of relevant experience and practical knowledge in:
- U.S. trade regulations (ITAR, EAR, OFAC and Customs) with demonstrated prior experience working in a trade compliance role.
- Use of D-Trade, SNAP-R and ACE.
- International shipping and Customs procedures.
- Use of license exemption and exceptions.
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint.
- Export classification of goods, services and information and product database management.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proficiency in OCR export administration and licensing software.
- Knowledgeable in Radar technology.
- Knowledgeable in Foreign Military Sales (FMS).
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Exhibits a high attention to detail, integrity and discretion.
Please be aware this position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.